Here’s an overview of what we need and an overview to help guide you along before we begin!
1) What I need to get Started
PDF, EPS or high res JPEG or PNG if possible.
Your hosting account login and/or Cpanel username and password. (If applicable)
An administrator login to your current WordPress site. (if you have one up already)
Images & Pictures
Current and/or new images and pictures you’d like to use on the new site.
These items can be uploaded to your Plutio project account or uploaded to your secure Dropbox/Google Drive folder.
2) PLUTIOPlutio is an awesome online platform for communication and project management. We’ll be using this to send messages, share files and track progress during the process. This will help alleviate content and images being lost in long email threads. Everyone loves email threads…right?! Once your project is underway, you’ll receive an email to set up your Plutio profile and we’ll be off and running!
3) DROPBOX/GOOGLE DRIVEDropbox and Google Drive are great online image/file sharing platform. This isn’t necessary for every project, but if you have more than 15-20 images for your website or if they’re too big to send through email or post on Plutio, we can use dropbox or google drive. We can also use this to share important logins and credentials instead of sending through email. I will set up a folder for the project and will share the folder with you via email. You can upload all images and files there.
4) THE DESIGN PROCESSDesigning a website, no matter how big or small, is an extensive process that can be overwhelming. To better help you understand what to expect during the design and development, I’ve outlined my process into 3 steps:
1) LAYOUT AND DESIGN
A large and time consuming part of designing a website is in the planning and layout stage of the process. I’ll create the sitemap (Page/Menu hierarchy) of the website for approval first, then I’ll design the home page and a sub page (or more upon request) for approval.
Once the site layout and design is approved, I’ll move forward with the designing the entire site, pages and add all functionality and plugins. We’ll make sure your site looks great and functions nicely across all devices and web browsers before moving to the final step.
3) EDITS & REVISIONS
Once the site is ready for final review, you’ll be able to review each page and we can make detailed edits until the site is revised completely. We ask that you please review ALL pages to make sure all spelling, grammar, addresses and information are correct before going live.
5) WRAPPING UP & GOING LIVE!Once the site is ready to go live, all unnecessary plugins, pages, images and backend files will be removed. The new site will be backed up and saved locally, should it ever need restored. Once live, it may take between 24-48 hours for the new site to pull up on some devices. Some computers will need to be refreshed in order to see the new site, though most computers will see the new site immediately depending on the wifi connection and where they are in relation to the location of server that the website is on. Your website logins and all credentials will be sent to you via plutio or secure email insuring the security of your passwords. Though your logins and passwords will be saved by me locally, PLEASE SAVE ALL LOGINS FOR YOUR RECORDS AS WELL. Upon completion, you’ll receive a link to my “moving forward” page where you’ll receive tips and tricks on what to do with your new website.
Forms to fill out
Below are two forms that need to be filled out. One is online the other is via word which can be uploaded to Plutio when completed.